Our History: The original St. Paul's was a wooden structure on Lake Avenue that opened in 1869. The present St. Paul’s Episcopal Church is one of four beautiful buildings in Duluth designed by a prominent New York City Architectural firm. Construction began in April of 1912 and the first service held in it in May of 1913. It is patterned on a smaller scale after Canterbury Cathedral in England. We celebrated our 150th anniversary in 2019!
St. Paul's is proud of it's long history of serving the community in many ways, The women of St. Paul's saw a need for a hospital in the wake of a typhoid outbreak and founded St. Luke's Hospital in 1881; what began as a room above a blacksmith's shop is now a regional heath care system.
The church family continues to reach out to those in need and carry on the work of those who came before us.